In the past, I have tended to work on one project at a time. This is not only because it's hard for me to keep several balls in the air at once, but also because it seemed like a logical way to do things. Recently, however, I seem to have been working on a variety of tasks, but with all the deckbeams fitted aft, I could prepare to install the tabernacle. This needed to be done concurrently with the forward deck beam in the forecabin, because the tabernacle is not quite what David envisaged, nor in the same place as originally planned, so measurements from the design could only help me so far. Indeed, the only two things that really counted were that the after face of the tabernacle should be at station 2, and that it should end up at an angle of 4°.
°. But as I'd got it all polished and perfect, I didn't want to leave it around where it might get damaged.
Then we took it out again and everyone went home.
Having had a dry run, and only having to put glue on the butt of the tabernacle, getting it into place was quite straightforward. Pete and Marcus did the heavy work and with the beam in place to lean against, there wasn't too much stress, although I did start fretting that the epoxy would be going off when we realised that the trim along the top of the bunk was stopping the tabernacle from being quite vertical.