Search This Blog

Badger

Badger
In Greenland

Iron Bark

Iron Bark
Under full sail

Fantail

Fantail
At Russell Boating Club's Tall Ships Regatta

Blue Water Medal

Blue Water Medal
Blue Water Medal

Books By Annie Hill

  • Brazil and Beyond
  • Voyaging on a Small Income

15 July, 2018

Lots of work, but not much to show

Well, the title says it all.  I've been beavering away, as ever, but there isn't a lot to show for it.  Spreading epoxy and paint takes time, but things don't look that different from day to day.  And I finally got fed up of tripping over the portholes, so have been finishing cleaning them up. Nearly there - but I need to put sealant around the glass - the old putty has fallen out in many places.  Ideally I'd take the rings off and reseal them; in fact, ideally I'd replace the glass, which is scratched and quite badly, on most of them.  However, I can't afford to, so will just have to live with it.

 In the saloon, I've been dividing up for the lockers, outboard of the back rest.  The dividers also support the plywood.

 I fitted two shelves which make for reasonable-sized lockers, one of which will be for wine bottles, handy to my seat!

 Then of course, everything had to be coated and painted.

 I painted the underside of the shelves before fitting them, but left the top so that the fillets could be painted at the same time.  You will see another porthole has been put in place.  I'm pleased with how they look and it will be great to be able to look out and see the world go by.

 My apologies for the quality of this photo and the one following: the lens must have fogged up.  It was a bit chilly when I took the photos. The shelves need another coat of paint, but are nearly there.

This shows the back of the backrest, which I painted for the usual reason - to be able to see stuff in the locker.  This is taking increasing amounts of self-discipline as time goes by, because of the time it takes.  I keep reminding myself of how annoyed I will be in the future if I take shortcuts now!  Apologies again for the quality of the shot.

I am getting close to starting in the galley.  There are a lot of things to consider here, not in the least that it's my last chance to arrange proper stowage for things I might have forgotten.


No comments: