Search This Blog

Badger

Badger
In Greenland

Iron Bark

Iron Bark
Under full sail

Fantail

Fantail
At Russell Boating Club's Tall Ships Regatta

Blue Water Medal

Blue Water Medal
Blue Water Medal

Books By Annie Hill

  • Brazil and Beyond
  • Voyaging on a Small Income

03 January, 2021

A video of FanShi

 Happy New Year!

Some time ago, a group of German sailors asked if they could come and have a look at FanShi and take a video of her.  Knowing that there are those who seem to prefer watching a video to reading words and looking at photos, I went along with it.  The original video was incredibly long and, to my mind, somewhat tedious, but a friend has arranged for it to be edited to a more manageable length.  If you are interested, you can watch it here:

And just in case the link doesnt work, you can copy and paste: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7lUaw66ZBnUkt9qTKorW_A

I am hoping to launch in the middle of the month.  With any luck there will be somebody there to capture this on video, too.



5 comments:

none said...

Thanks! And happy New Year!

Paul Mullings said...

Annie It’s been great following the build, all the very best for the launch and looking forward to seeing you on the water..Mahurangi for Regatta day perhaps?

John Hyndman said...

I have just watched a video clip of Fanshi sailing along in light airs. She looks beautiful. Love the colours and the sail is distinctive. Congratulations. What a marvellous achievement. I am in awe!! John

Charlie Jones said...

Annie- looks like you did a wonderful job on the boat. I commented on the post, but figured I'd say something here. Your boat building, Birdsmouth mast building friend from Texas

Annie Hill said...

Hi Paul

I had considered Mahurangi, but in the end decided I'd prefer to have some peace and quiet rather than to take my new boat into a great crowd of other yachts, when I still don't really know how to sail her! Maybe next year. I plan to be down round Kawau in early March. Maybe we'll cross tacks then.